Santa Barbara, California is a beautiful coastal city located just 90 miles north of Los Angeles. Known for its stunning beaches, Spanish architecture, and abundance of outdoor activities, it’s no wonder that Santa Barbara is a popular vacation destination for people from all over the world. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the top things to do in Santa Barbara.
1. Visit the Santa Barbara Mission: The Santa Barbara Mission is a beautiful piece of Spanish architecture and is one of the most visited attractions in the city. Built in the 1700s, the Mission offers guided tours that provide insight into the history and culture of the area.
2. Relax on the Beach: Santa Barbara has several beautiful beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. Some of the most popular beaches include East Beach, West Beach, and Butterfly Beach.
3. Explore the Santa Barbara Zoo: The Santa Barbara Zoo is home to over 500 animals from around the world, including lions, elephants, and giraffes. The zoo also features beautiful gardens and interactive exhibits.
4. Visit the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden: The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is a beautiful 78-acre garden that showcases the native plant life of California. The garden features several hiking trails, waterfalls, and stunning views of the city.
5. Take a Wine Tour: Santa Barbara is known for its wine country, which is located just a short drive from the city. There are several wine tour companies that offer guided tours of the area’s many vineyards and wineries.
6. Go Hiking: Santa Barbara is surrounded by beautiful mountains and offers several hiking trails that provide stunning views of the city and the ocean. Some of the most popular trails include the Inspiration Point Trail, the Rattlesnake Canyon Trail, and the Cold Spring Trail.
7. Visit the Santa Barbara Museum of Art: The Santa Barbara Museum of Art features a collection of over 27,000 works of art from around the world. The museum also offers several educational programs and workshops for visitors of all ages.
8. Take a Whale Watching Tour: Santa Barbara is home to several different species of whales, including gray whales, humpback whales, and blue whales. There are several companies that offer whale watching tours that provide an up-close look at these magnificent creatures.
9. Visit the Santa Barbara County Courthouse: The Santa Barbara County Courthouse is a beautiful piece of Spanish architecture that offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding mountains. Visitors can take a guided tour of the courthouse’s many historic features, including the clock tower and the Mural Room.
10. Go Shopping: Santa Barbara is home to several shopping districts, including the historic State Street. Visitors can browse the many shops and boutiques that line the street, which offer everything from designer clothing to handmade crafts.
Santa Barbara is a beautiful city that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in history, art, nature, or just relaxing on the beach, there’s plenty to see and do.